Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Thanks Matt

Seriously?! Why do I have to be such a basket case? I was talking to my bro-in-law Matthew the other day and I realized how completely stupid I truly am. I have a wonderful man and Im treating that simply fact like it means nothing to me. I am my biggest problem. I want the excitement back. The excitement that was there before kids. Aaron and I had soooo much fun together. Not to say we dont now, but it is different. Our idea of a good time is just hanging out on the couch and watching a movie. And while that isnt bad either, its just sometimes, I get bored and "I" fall into this rut. I get comfortable and I dont want to change. Change means work. I want it to come naturally. But I keep hearing about this "7 year itch". I have no idea what it means, but I think Im totally there. Even though we have only been married 6. I have been with Aaron the longest. Duh, we are married. I think this move to College Station is going to be great for our relationship. By no means are we headed for divorce court or therapy even, but I think the move will force us to rely on each other again. Go back to our roots, as I like to call it. We have been around people that want nothing more than to take care of us. But the fact of the matter is, Aaron and I are our own people and "WE" want to take care of ourselves and our children. Not to say that help with the kids wont be taken but Aaron and I need to rely soley on each other. Its like a friend told me, GOD gave me this man to take care of me. Why would I want to mess that up? GOD is taking care of us. Why would I want to mess that up? I think this move will be good for us. It will take us back to our roots.

0 comments: