Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Random thoughts

I never thought I would actually be sad when it came time to leave the Valley. For good. Sure, the week after I turned 18 I was long gone; but didnt everyone at some point? I set up shop in Corpus Christi for a bit and then headed to San Antonio for about 30 days. Then when Aaron and I got married, his job with Ben E. Keith took us to San Antonio for a 4 month training period. All-the-while I knew I would end up back in "The Valley". The Valley: hot, boring, and hotter.
Now, Im about to leave. NO! Our family is leaving and heading to a different town. This time there is no heading back after training. This will be a chance for us to start over; wipe the slate clean. A fresh start. But what does that really mean? We are going someone where the only people we know are Aaron's furture employers. Like that's not intimadating. They are very sweet people and I think Jill and I are going to get along great.
I still cant help but feel a little sad. Sad about leaving behind some of the best friendships I have built; in the Valley. As much as we can argue with each other, I will miss that fact that my mom is just a 20 min drive away. I will miss being able to drive to the beach on a moments notice (like we did today). Im going to miss all the Mexican food! All the "cook outs" on Sunday afternoon with Cindy and Pablo. I would not be the mother I am today without all my MOPS friends. These ladies have been a saving grace for me and they all hold a speical place in my heart.
Along with being sad, Im also a little nervous. Nervous in the sense, Im moving to a town Ive only visited one other time in my life and that one time was to party with some of my friends in school. Im also nervous for Aaron. I hope he likes his new job and didnt just take it because I busted his balls for so long about getting another job. These are just a few things on my ming here lately.

0 comments: