Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Houston, We have CARROTS!?

Houston we have CARROTS!? Yes you read that right. We have carrots growing in our backyard. Too see the excitment on Kendra's face when we pulled one up was Priceless. Kendra has really been into "science experiments" lately. So we thought it would be easier to let her "experiment" outside. We tilled up the ground, planted the seeds and now we are getting to harvest what we sowed. It is awesome. Of coarse this made me think of the kids.

Tonight we were going over Kendra's reading homework. That's right. At 4 yrs old, Kendra has reading homework. The majority of it is site words but still. She is reading 4-5 word sentences. This week's book has been the hardest yet. Cathy Cook. When Kendra would get to the word, cooking, she would mix it up with the words making or baking. I think I know way. I always tell her, "Im making dinner. Im baking cookies." I dont think Ive ever used the word cooking.

The point wasnt that she was saying the words, the point was I was sitting down with my 4 yr old daughter and she was reading to me. Normally I dont have alot of patience. But, oddly I found myself calm and collected listening to her read to me in that sweet angelic voice. I cant believe my little baby is growing up.

0 comments: