Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Loving Well

Okay....I cant help but think...maybe I was....possibly....a little too harsh in my last entry. I dont think so, but Aaron read it and said I was being mean. Well, after going to a ladies retreat, maybe I was. I attended a ladies retreat at the same church where Kendra goes to school. We did a Beth Moore "bible study". It was called Loving Well. It was awesome!! I really learned alot.
I have always struggled with really loving people as Christ-like as possible (for me). The whole time I was being tested. The girl that organized the event is one of my "testies" (a person that Beth Moore defines as someone that makes you want to eat alot). She put me at a table where I knew no one. All my friends that were there were sitting at her table. She told me that she hand picked the groups into which we were divided. I thought "how nice. But, focus Stacey. We are here this weekend to learn to love the people that test us." So. needless to say I bit my tongue and submerged myself into GOD's word.
I know this was a study I needed to do. I finally feel that it is okay to feel loved and give love. I didnt say it wouldnt be hard. I tend to put up walls around my heart so I dont get hurt. I learned its okay if it happens. GOD loves me. He loves me when Im not even likable. I cant even say that about my worst enemy. I cant like my enemies let alone love them.
I learned with alot of help I can try. It will take some getting use to. A ton of patience and alot of gum. I have to remember, GOD pours his perfect love into my imperfect heart. Romans 5:5

0 comments: