Thursday, January 8, 2009

You are so fake.

I hate the fact that my daughter goes to a so called "Christian" pre-school yet a few of the new moms like to make me feel like I'm beneath them. These are women I see around town all the time. Women that I respect and would enjoy their company if they weren't so cliquish. I walk in and get the feeling I'm being looked down upon all the time. I hate it! A part of me wants to think its because we don't go to the same church they do. Another part of me thinks its because Aaron and I don't make as much money and they feel like I am trash. But man, I almost Hate going up there. Nobody is genuine. Their idea of friendly is flashing a fake smile and a nod of the head. I'm not looking for a hand out.
I think that's why I joined MOPS. Some of the women there understand the fact that we all are different and that's OK. GOD loves us all the same. I guess as humans we are not capable of that kind of compassion towards one another.
When I go up to the school, I'm looking at these other women whom are the mothers of Kendra's friends. I can't help but think one day when the kids are older, Kendra and some of them are going to be really good friends. That is if the other kids moms don't get in the way.
If we are suppose to encourage our children to get along and NOT to discriminate, aren't we suppose to set an example? There is so much division there at that school. There use to be a time when I loved dropping her off. There was so much warmth and positive energy. Not any more. Other than the fact that Kendra is actually learning the basics, I cant wait for the day when she is out of there.

0 comments: