Saturday, February 7, 2009

One on One time & Family time

I am always struggling with, "Am I spending enough time with each kid individually"? I think Friday was my anwser. Thursday are short days for me in school so I decided I wanted to keep Logan with me so I could take him with me to my MOPS meeting. So I went to class and picked Logan up from Aaron and we went to the meeting. We got there and I found out the speaker of the morning was going to be a lady that is over the MOPPETS program for the meetings. She asked Logan to go with her after the discussion and much to my surprise, he went. I had at great time at the remainder of the meeting. Afterwords, we did some shopping and went to pick up sissy. Friday morning I dropped him off at day-care and went to school. After I was done I called Aaron to see how everything was going (because Aaron takes Kendra on the route with him when she is not in school). He said he got finished early and they were headed to the park. I met them at the park and right as I got there Aaron got swamped with phone calls and orders so it just left me and Kendra to play. It was awesome!! I pushed her on the swing for almost 30 minutes and we went down the slide at least a dozen times. We played hide and seek over and over again. After we had exhausted ourselves, Kendra suggested Jason's Deli for lunch (the kid eats better than I do). The three of us went to lunch and had a great time. We left to pick up brother and then went home. This morning (Saturday), the four of us hung out and watched Scooby-Doo while eating breakfast. I use to feel obligated to do some kind of craft with them because I was often told "letting your kids watch TV is BAD for them". I cant speak for everyone, but sometimes, I just want to do nothing and just RELAX. So we, our family, did just that today. For the first time in a long time. We did absolutly nothing. And you know what? It was nice and my kids were happy and they still have the use of their brains. And Aaron and I gained some sanity back.

0 comments: