Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Here lately

My dad came over last night for dinner. It was his 60th birthday. WOW!! I cant believe my dad is 60!!! Why does his age make me feel so old? It was nice. We hadnt spoke in awhile due to my sister but the company he works for is going to e sending him down for a couple of months and we thought it would be good for us to get reconnected. Funny how we, father and daughter have to "reconnect".
Normally when we are together things are great! But our relationship is so fragile that any little thing will send it into shut down mode. It is kinda sad really but it works for us. I dont think my mom likes it that we are talking. For awhile things were good between them. That was until Melaney did what she did. Now they wont even say the other ones name. Ive watched my mom and dad grow old right in front of my eyes.
This world could come to an end any moment. I want to be ready. I think this is my way of showing Christ like love. Loving my mom and dad thru it all and maybe that will show them that whatever problems they have with each other they did to put them aside and move on.
It was fun last night. The kids love seeing my dad and I think it makes my dad's world seeing them and the kids having fun when he is around.

My mom just found out that her brother has colon cancer. She has been going thru alot lately and when she found out that Melaney was in town for dad's birthday and didnt stop by to say hi to her made her feel horrible. That's putting it nice. I pray my mom will be able to find comfort in the LORD right now.

Kendra is reading and becoming more beautiful every day. Logan is getting so big and doesnt cry anymore when I drop him off at day care. Well, he does cry if his pacifier is in his mouth. But thats okay.

Aaron is kicking ass and taking names at work. He is working so hard. I pray for the LORD to lift him up and keep him strong. I recently started torturing myself at my local school gym. I hate that I have let myself go. But the Im taking the first step to fixing what I dont like. I have a way to go and I will get there.

0 comments: