Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I have not blogged in awhile and the feeling of actually doing it again is wonderful. It always seems to lift a burden of my shoulders.

We have been having a hard time with some of the kids at school picking on Kendra. When Kendra first came home telling me about it, I was stunned. I could not understand why someone would pick on my child. Especeialy when she is the one to always make "the new kid" feel welcomed. This was starting carry over and reflect in her school work. Praise the Lord that she had been in pre-school. She has not managed to fall behind. But there is a lack of doing her work.

I got the chance to go with her class on her very first field trip. I had such a good time!! (I hope Kendra had as much of a good time as I did.) That day gave me a clear view of what Kendra was having to deal with. All I can say is, that poor teacher. When you have 16 five year olds, all with type A personalities, there was bound to be chaos.

After many weeks of long talks, role playing with Barbies, and 3 meetings with the techer, we are starting see the light. We always thought we were doing a good job of raising Kendra. We never have problems with her. What we noticed was we were starting to slack on re-enforcing the very simople fact that we LOVE Kendra and no matter what happens, if she is HONEST with us, we will take her side.

We have started praying for some of her friends at school. We pray for Kendra to always show love and teach everyone with respect. We are stating to see our efforts in action. Things are looking better.

0 comments: