Friday, July 17, 2009

Update with my Nephews

We are having a blast. Well I am anyway. I took the kids to the beach and they had a great time. well at least Ian, Kendra and Logan did. Caleb, not so much. Poor kid. All he did was whine and cry. "Aunt Stacey, I dont like the sand. It's hot. I dont like the sun." Thats pretty much all I heard while I was there. So I finally rented an umbrella and told Caleb to sit in the shade. After about an hour, he warmed up to the fact that we were not leaving and he came out and played in the water for a little while. Once he actually got in the water,he started to enjoy himself. Thank GOD. We played in the water for about another 30 mins and I think that was about all he could handle. We took off and headed back to the house. So you would think after being in direct sunlight for about 2 hours at noon they would sleep like the sweet babies they are. NO. They slept on the way home and decided to wake up as soon as I got home. Yeah :( Later that night, Kendra and I went to a birthday party. We went to Parker Smith's swimming party. Kendra was so excited to see Parker. She also got to see Chip and Caden. She had so much fun. We went home and they all took showers and went to bed. Needless to say they were all out in about 30 mins. That was awesome because Ghost Hunters comes on Wednesday night and I wasnt going to miss it.

Thursday morning we went to a playgroup at my friend Sandy's house. The kids were having fun. I dont think Ian liked the fact that there werent very many boy toys for him to play with. But he adjusted and had a good time. After that we went to Target and got them some new underwear and then off to Burger King for lunch. McDonald's was on the other side of town. That night Aaron took them to a softball game while I went to a Farewell Dinner for us in our MOPS group that were leaving. It has been a great few days. We only have 7 more left. I just pray that everything keeps going smoothly. Did I mention that we had some people come look at the house over this period of time? Yeah, great times.

0 comments: