Saturday, December 5, 2009

Just some thoughts

The kids and I went to Christmas in the Park last night. The weather may have been in the 20's but we were having fun. Singing Christmas songs as we walked and drinking hot chocolate to help keep our seemingly freezing bodies warm. Poor Logan's little nose was turning a bright shade of red while Kendra's teeth chattered. We walked around the park and saw all the pretty displays and made our way over to the most popular attraction, the Hayrides.

As we waited in line, Logan and I struggled to keep him wrapped up. We've never been in weather that cold before so the kids were not as bundled up as most of the other kids but they didn't seem to care. A lady in front of us gave us an extra beenie she had been carrying for her grandson. After I thanked her, Kendra asked me why the lady did that. I told Kendra that the lady was concerned about Logan not staying warm enough. I opened my eyes and really looked at my kids. They were very bundled up and warm. Kendra had on her coat and an extra blanket. Logan had on 2 shirts, a jacket and was wrapped up in a blanket. We may not have had the warmest of coats on but the kids and I were having fun and didn't have a care in the world.

While in line Kendra and I had a talk about how there are some people in the world that didn't have any blankets or coats to keep them warm. I went on to tell Kendra, so many people get caught up in the commercial Christmas and forget or pay little attention to the REAL meaning of Christmas. The Lutheran Church across the street was having a LIVE Nativity. We journeyed over to watch. Kendra and Logan were so much more interested in the re-enactment of the First Christmas than they would have been with a Fake Santa.

I made me realize the greatest gift was already given to us when Christ died and was risen; A chance for Eternal Salvation. He came to this world, lived a PERFECT life, and gave his life for ME. I tend to forget that. He gave so much for us. I just pray that Aaron and I continue to be blessed enough to give to others.

0 comments: