Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Why should I pay for that too?!

I got into a little bit of a fender bender with one of the other mom's at Kendra's school back in November. She didnt want to get the Ins companies involved so we decided to handle it out right. She took the car to a couple of places and got several different quotes. None of which I had any knowledge about. I wish she would have informed me she was going so I could have gone with her. Since we are paying for this, I want to get the job done right but not pay a small fortune for. After she takes the car in to the repair shop, she decideds to get a rental car. I would not have had a problem with this, except for the fact that when I called her to check up on everything (because for some reason she wont call me) she never mentioned having to get a rental car. Now she is saying that we owe her for the rental. Then she went on to say that the gentleman "talked" her into getting the insurance for the car. Well Im not stupid. If you already have insurance, then your insurance company will cover the rental car. Plus, she had the rental for 2 days. I can understand not wanting to be out of a car, especially with kids and on spring Break week but come on. I would have been willing to give her rides to and from. Plus, how did she get the the rental place if the car was in the shop in the first place. Odd to me. I dont know. I will be glad when this is all over with.

0 comments: