Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Im not super-mommy! Im the best mother for MY children.

Why is it when I tell people that Kendra started going to pre-school when she was 2, everyone thinks thats great but when I tell them that Logan is going to daycare, I'm a terrible mother? I don't understand it. Kendra and Logan are away from me and out of my sight for 15 hrs a week. What is the big deal? I may not be super mommy but I am the best mom for my children. My children like to come home to me and love being at home with me and Aaron. I will be honest. When Ive been away from my kids while I'm at SCHOOL, I feel more refreshed when I pick them up. Any mom that does not agree with that is lying to themselves. Otherwise why would they feel the need to leave the kids with dad and grandparents to go to the store to get some time to themselves? I hate the fact that I always feel like I'm having to justify my actions. I'm sorry but as much as I would love to disagree with people, my children do not come first. Aaron, my husband comes first. I had been expressing my desire to continue with school long before we had kids. After Hurricane Dolly, Aaron said now was the time for me to go back to school and work towards a degree. That way we are financially capable to take care of our family if GOD forbid he lose his job or another hurricane hit and he lost all his customers. Logan was not in daycare at all last semester and looking back it might have been easier on Aaron if he had been. Aaron was taking Logan with him on his route to visit his customers. I dont know how many husbands would do that for their wives. The only reason Logan was in daycare this semester was because the Thursday before I was to start classes, a friend of mine backed out of watching him and I had to find someplace that would take him on such short notice. I was not going to ask Aaron to continue taking Logan with him. We stay convicted by what we are doing and think we are doing what the LORD would have us do in our situation. I'm not encouraging mothers to put their children into daycare by any means. I'm simply stating what we felt it was the right thing to do. Frankly, anyone that cant understand needs to mind their own business. Worry about keeping yourself in check and stay off my back!

0 comments: