Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Recent reads

I have been following this blogger recently. Sometimes what she says makes sense but other times, I find myself confused. One of her recent posts was about taking a one month no make-up break. She commented on how she felt when she left the house and would reach for her make-up bag. She also commented on how a few "certain girls" would make her feel less then worthy, I guess.

I really feel sorry for this person. Since her blog is mostly a blog for religious readers, she usually has good stuff. When I read this, I felt like she was crying out for help. I think she has been made to feel mad by a few people and wants other women to feel bad about their outward appearance like she did. Thank goodness, I wont be falling for that. This coming from a girl that wears make-up ONE day of the week. I has taken me a long time to get to the point where I refuse to waste my time on what people think of me and my less than perfect look.

I did agree with her when she mentioned that society in general thinks less of people with a more modest house or non designer label tages or driving a paid of car that happens to be a few years older.

I try to live by this verse - "Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life ?"
Matthew 6:26-28

I would say to the author of the blog, true friends wont do that to each other. Non-judgemental people (which we are suppose to be as Christians) will not have a thought in their head about how much make-up you are or arent wearing etc.

0 comments: