Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The New Covenant - Part 1

First off, I have to thank Scott Faulk. He had a lesson over the two covenants a couple of months ago and it struck a cord with me. I asked him to email me his notes so I could pick his brain and do my own studying. Its been a great lesson for me. Im starting off with some verses from Romans. Hope to have more up soon.


Romans 8
1There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

2For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

3For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

4That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.


Scott made a good point in mentioning that most people identify the New Testament with the first four gospels (it starts with the life of Christ). While that is true, the first four gospels are NOT the New Testament. It is one of the most common made mistakes among Christians. "Not identifying the New Covenant is a trap that Satan has used to keep us ignorant".

The New Covenant was to be written on the hearts of men not on tabs of stone.

0 comments: