Thursday, February 11, 2010

Grace

So Im reading this book on Grace based parenting. I dont know if Im learning things for myself or for the kids. In one of the chapters, Dr. Kimmel uses this verse; "If you, O Lord, kept a record of sins, O Lord, you could not stand. But with you there is forgiveness: THEREFORE you are FEARED." (Psalms 130: 3-4) How absolutely beautiful is that?!

Its just my personal believe that you should follow that up with Paul's writings in Romans 7. Starting in verse 15: "I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do, I do not do but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do-this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it. (picking up in verse 24) What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to GOD - through Jesus Christ our Lord."

Now it could just be me, but this should explain so many of our mistakes. While we are to live in the world but not be of the world, sometimes, we fall off that band wagon and screw up. If it were not for GOD forgiving us and letting us live with Grace, knowing that we are simple stupid humans, humanity as a whole would perish. I want to do the good or right thing all the time but in my feeble attempts, I mess up. Im learning each and every day that it is a new day every day and that being apart of the family of GOD, I get a second chance every day.

0 comments: