Wednesday, January 27, 2010

New Idea

Was reading my book Grace Based Parenting my Dr. Tim Kimmel and came across a chapter that got met to thinking. He was going over a couple of articles he had clipped out of the paper in research for this book. He came across an article entitled "If I could do it over again". Now considering, this is a "parenting" book, he was talking about things that parents wish they could have done over with their children. Most of the comments were about how they raised them but the little things. Which, sometimes, can be HUGE!

I thought, how true that is! Whenever Ive had a hard day with Logan, how does it end up? Me screaming at him and making him cry. Over what? Dr. Kimmel's books is teaching me so much about Grace and how to implement it into our everyday lives. It seems like I learn something new every day.

I did not make a "New Year's Resolution" because I dont believe in them but, I think I will try to look back on each day and vow to "do things over" the next day. With Kendra in school, Im realizing, how fast time truly flys. I find myself having a hard time with that. I dont want to wake up one day and find Kendra and Logan 18 and out of the house and wondering what I ever did wrong.

0 comments: